Registration for Session 2 is now Closed!
Wide World of Indoor Sports would like to thank the teams that participated in the 2021-2022 Session 1 & Session 2 Leagues! Registration for the 2022-2023 season will open on September 1, 2022. We look forward to seeing you then!
Youth League rules are subject to change at the discretion of the League Director at any time during the course of the season. Any changes will be sent to the primary contacts / captain on file with the team.
Two Winter Sessions – 8 games plus playoffs
- Session 1
- November 6th to January 15th (no games 12/25 and 1/1)
- Session 2
- January 22nd to March 26th (no games 2/19 – Presidents Day Weekend)
- Saturday Nights – 530pm, 630pm, 730pm
- 7v7 (2 Attack, 2 Midfield, 2 Defense, 1 Goalie)
- Two 25-minute running time halves
- Clock will stop in last minute of game if goal scored and score differential is one goal
- Offsides will be called
- No full body contact
- Substitutions on the fly
- Immediate substitution for 3rd/4th and 5th/6th divisions
- 60 second man up time for 7th/8th grade division with coach of penalized team tracking when the player returns to the game.
- Long poles allowed – no more than 2 players on field with long poles for each team
- Faceoffs after goals
- 1 pass upon entry into offensive zone for 3rd/4th grade division
- Games will end in a tie except for playoff games
- 3rd/4th Grade
- 5th/6th Grade
- 7th/8th Grade
Schedules are released at the beginning of the season. The schedule is subject to changes made by Wide World of Indoor Sports. Any scheduling requests must be made to the League Director upon registration. We will try to accommodate your requests, but cannot guarantee all will be possible.
- All players must have matching shirt color
- Medical bracelets/chains may be worn but must be taped to the individual during game play.
- Earrings and other non-medical jewelry are not permitted
Teams are awarded: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss.
The league standings are determined by Total Team Points.
Tiebreakers are as follows (in order)
- Goal differential
- Goals for
- Coin Flip
There will be a 6 goal differential cap for the purposes of standings.
If a team forfeits a game, the opposing team will be awarded with a win, three goals scored and zero goals against.
All scores, results and standings will be posted on www.wideworldofindoorsports.com
Playoffs will be structured based upon standings and head-to-head results with a seeded single elimination tournament format.
- Any exceptions to the roster rules below shall be at the sole discretion of WWIS league manager.
- A completed team roster must be entered into the team’s Dash account prior to the first scheduled game. It is the responsibility of the coach to ensure the accuracy of his/her team’s roster.
- Rosters are not considered complete if players do not have a photograph on file, an active waiver, and are not on the team’s online roster.
- Coaches may add or substitute players up until the start of the 2nd game.
- At the start of the team’s 2nd game the roster is frozen. No changes may be made after this time.
- Players cannot play for another team in the same division
- In the event a player is rostered for two teams in the same division, the player will be removed from both team’s rosters and not permitted to compete for the duration of the Session.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITES OF THE TEAMS
- All team rosters freeze prior to the team’s 2nd game! No exceptions.
- Team balances must be paid in full prior to the start of the team’s 2nd
TEAM BENCH & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Only rostered players are permitted on the team bench.
- All other adults must watch the game from the spectator area
- Players who are not on the field of play, must be seated on their team bench.
- All team bags must be placed neatly under the team bench or against the wall. Bags may NOT be near the field line or midfield.
- Coaches and players must leave their team bench immediately after their game
Players and spectators are expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship at all times. There will be no abuse (verbal or otherwise) of referees or league officials tolerated. Any indication of such behavior by a participant or spectator will receive a verbal warning, any such continuation of the behavior will result in immediate removal from the facility. We are all here to play and have fun!
- 1 referee per game
- The referee will have sole jurisdiction over the conduct of the game, based on these rules and unless otherwise directed by the WWIS manager on duty. If a referee terminates a game for any reason, the score at the time of the termination will stand.
Wide World of Indoor Sports will remain open unless a state of emergency is declared or there is a loss of power at the facility. Any changes to the facility schedule will be posted to our website, www.wideworldofindoorsports.com. This will be our primary method of communication of any changes along with our Facebook page. We ask that you and your team members please continually check this site in the event of any inclement weather. Unfortunately, we are unable to reschedule games due to inclement weather conditions (unless the game is cancelled due to a facility closure). If a team feels it is unsafe to attend a scheduled game due to inclement weather the coach must call Wide World of Indoor Sports a minimum of two hours prior to game time. If a team forfeits a scheduled game we will notify the opposing team as early as possible. The opposing team has the option of using the facility for training during their scheduled game time. No fine will be levied to a team who does not attend a game due to inclement weather.